Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dan... is... back... alright!!!!

Xia has wanted me to blog about something for weeks now, but I didn't want to. Nothing has inspired me to put letter to screen. Then the inspiration came to me. Let me start my entry by writing about not wanting to write. The rest of this post just spilled out in a few minutes time.

Its Xia's birthday today, so it would be nice if everyone sent their condolences. :> Happy Birthday Sweetie, hopefully your flight will not be cancelled because of Rita.

Take a look at some of my public Flickr photos I have posted over on the right. No need to sign into anything to view them, just click away. I have about 12 available to view. I'm a big fan of Flickr and recommend it to any photog out there.

I should have a new post going up on CBC today so head on over there. Speaking of comics I'm trying to pay it forward and spread the comic book love. A few weeks ago I found myself at my LCS helping out a mom and son pick out some age appropriate material. I enjoyed doing it, but I was annoyed by the store owner. He was totally oblivious to them, which was a shame. Hey if you don't hook the kids on it early on, it my never catch. I also just recently bought a few Marvel Age books as a birthday present for the son of a coworker of mine. I'm always teasing her saying that her son is Nosferatu. I also call him the demon seed, but Nosferatu fits him better. When I heard it was his birthday I couldn't think of a better present for a 1st grader learning to read than a good old comic book. It may be a little advanced, but what harm can it do? Well I wouldn't ask that question to Fredric Wertham, he might have other thoughts. That's your history lesson for today.

Later

1 comment:

Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Hey, your piece is up on CBC. As for the kids, I have one word for you: Bumperboy!