Thursday, March 23, 2006

Post #29: Quick Hits

Well my ebay auctions ended last Saturday, and I made out great. In total I made $140 on two auctions. I was hoping to make $50, so I am really really happy at the outcome. Of course I now have the ebay bug, and I've already planned out what is going up next.

The last two days I've been sick. I left work early on Wednesday, and stayed home today. My guess is I'm suffering from a light flu, or a bad cold. I seem to be getting over it today, but I still have a sore throat.

I can't believe how much mainstream media coverage The Return of Chef from South Park has gotten. Today I've seen at least two stories done on the episode by reputable news shows. I missed the show last night, but I was able to download a Real Media version of the show using Bittorrent. Over lunch, Xia and I watched it on the computer, and had some big laughs. After being mauled by a bear and mountain lion, Chef is brought back from the brink of death. I don't know, but I think I've seen this outfit before. South Park never seems to miss a beat, and this episode is no exception. There is one thing I haven't heard on the news, that has crossed my mind. Could all this be one big prank? If it is, that would be very cool.

Barry Bonds cracks me up. So he is not suing the writers of Game of Shadows for their claims he used steroids. He's suing them over some of the information they obtained to write their book. It's a good way of getting to sue the writers without ever having to go to court and under oath dispute the findings.

Xia and I saw V for Vendetta last week, and it's easily one of best movies we've seen lately. We saw it at a IMAX theater and were really pleased with the experience. It was the first time for the both of us seeing a motion picture in IMAX. Like any good movie, V can be view on different levels. On the surface you can watch V, and simply see a well made action movie. On the other hand, V can take on a more abstract form. The movie can be read as literal allegory for everything going on today, or insight into a possible future under a despotic government. Either way you want to see it V is a good movie. But if you let it creep in, V will affect you in ways I can't express.

Alright, till next time...

No comments: