Tuesday, August 09, 2005

This is the first: random, what the fuck, sappy entry, edition of dgeneration!

FUCK, SHIT, CUNT, MOTHER F'er I'M SOFA KING DEPRESSED!!!!
I can't seem to get out of this funk. I've realized that I'm filling my life with little pleasures to dull the pain of reality. To help forget that I have bigger responsibilities. It really sucks! Is this a mid-life crisis at 28!?! I'm so fucking sad that........it's sad.

I followed up today on my initial inquiry about a possible transfer to the NY office. I spoke to a manager there. He said that a position in editing would be opening up within a month or so. My first reaction to this was no way. If I do this I'm probably going to be lost in the shuffle amongst the clone editors in there. I'm a fucking star man! They'd be stupid to put me in that position. Might as well put me in a closet, cause my talent would just be wasting away. Now my secondary reaction is to take the position cause it's the smart thing to do. I'm honestly split down the middle as to what to do. Should I push for this position as a clone editor with the hopes of breaking through, or go up and work at LSF and make some quick cash? Fucking reality keeps popping up and messing with my life decisions.

Finally, what that hell is that comment on my
Crabby Bill's post? Has anyone seen something like that before? What is that....comment spam? Has spamming got so sophisticated that they can spam you in your blog comments? Or is someone paying for a person to randomly go to blogs and leave this shit?

The F-bomb rating on this post is 4

3 comments:

Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Comment spamming seems to be the current big thing, though I hadn't noticed it so much on blogspot.

As for what to do, I'd say trust your gut. If the transfer feels like a potential dead end, go with the flexibilty LSF offers and bust your ass to show somebody else you're not another clone editor. (Are those the guys who work for Lucasfilm?) The good and bad thing about NYC is that, no matter what your profession, there's a lot of competition but nearly as many opportunities to stand out from the crowd.

From a purely selfish standpoint, I'd say go with whichever gets you back up here sooner because these damn Vs. cards you tricked me into buying are collecting dust!

Dan Diaz said...

I'm going for the editor position full throttle. Though my initial reaction was negative, it is not a dead end position. I'll just have to be the SUPERSTAR that I am. :)

As for the Vs. Cards I'm upset that Xia hasn't been schooling you in my absence. Not only does she take a game from me half the time, she gloats.

LN said...

Life is not black and white, sometimes gray comes into play and we must decide what color we are going to give it. There is an old saying that states that if a flower would never died how would you appreciate a life one, if people always did good deeds how would you valued a friend, and if there was no darkness how would you admired the moon. Yes is true that decisions are hard and sometimes confusing to make but you will know what path to take. Many take an open, wide path that leads to a life of joy and laughter and others will take a narrow path that will lead to a life of works and struggle and eternal satisfaction. So do we choose for tomorrow or do we choose for 20 years from now. I understand that there are people that are unable to see themselves an hour from the present but you are not one of those people. The revelation your heart will lead you to the path and will guide you. But if against the heart you should fight failure will follow.